15 Minutes Dan Dan Noodles Recipe
This classic Sichuan dish is based on noodles and includes garlic, peanuts, ginger, chilli and more for a full-on flavour.
You can put less chilli in there if you prefer a milder flavour. This is quick and easy to make and would be great for lunch or you could prepare it as a side dish with chicken drumsticks for dinner, perhaps adding a simple green salad on the side, or some sautéed green vegetables.
This will serve four people as a main course or perhaps six as a side dish. Start the noodles first, then you can cook the peanuts in a second pan at the same time. Combine the peanuts with the other ingredients to make your dressings, and toss it all together. You can use some or all of the suggested garnishes to top the Dan Dan noodles.
- chow mein noodles - 340g
- peanut oil - 60ml
- raw peanuts - 75g
- small halved garlic clove - 1
- chopped fresh ginger - 1/2 cm piece
- minced jalapeno - 1
- water - 2 tablespoons
- soy sauce - 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Sriracha chilli sauce - 1 tablespoon
- rice vinegar - 1 1/2 tablespoons
- sesame oil - 1 teaspoon
- white sugar - 1 tablespoon
- salt - to taste
- sliced spring onions
- lime wedges
- sesame seeds
- cucumber matchsticks
- fresh coriander leaves
- Boil the noodles until done then rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok and add the peanuts.
- Stir-fry over a medium heat for 8 minutes or until golden, then let them cool a bit.
- Put the peanuts and oil in your food processor.
- Add the garlic, ginger and jalapeno and process to mix.
- Now you can add the water, soy sauce, Sriracha, rice vinegar, sesame oil and sugar.
- Process until smooth then season with salt.
- Toss the noodles with the dressing and top with your preferred garnishes.