Artichoke and Spinach Dip Recipe
This artichoke and spinach dip can be served hot or warm, and it's great with bread, crackers or crisps. We are combining parmesan, pecorino and mozzarella with cream cheese, along with mayonnaise, basil, garlic, spinach and artichoke hearts, for a perfect flavour and creamy texture.
Feel free to swap the mayonnaise for sour cream if you like. It will take a bit longer to bake if you do, but just allow an extra 5 or 10 minutes. If your cream cheese is not softened, give it 30 seconds in the microwave or else use whipped cream cheese because it's easier to mix.
Make It Your Own
This artichoke and spinach dip can be customised, so if you want to make any tweaks, just go for it. It won't lose any appeal if you omit the garlic salt or basil, and you can use thawed or fresh spinach here.
Artichoke and spinach dip is a must-have at parties and potluck suppers. You will find this disappears fast as everyone wants to taste it. If you prefer to use a crockpot then combine all the ingredients (including the mozzarella) and heat it for an hour or two on high or until warm, then take the lid off the crockpot to serve.
- grated parmesan - 4 tablespoons
- softened cream cheese - 225g
- grated pecorino romano - 4 tablespoons
- mayonnaise - 4 tablespoons
- dried basil - 1/2 teaspoon
- minced garlic clove - 1
- garlic salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- salt and black pepper - to taste
- spinach - 75g
- tinned chopped artichoke hearts - 400g
- grated mozzarella - 4 tablespoons
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Lightly oil a small baking dish.
3. Combine the cheeses (except the mozzarella) with the mayo, basil, garlic, garlic salt and pepper.
4. Stir in the spinach and artichoke hearts.
5. Spoon the mixture into the greased dish.
6. Top with the mozzarella.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.